Everyone’s got a mom, or someone who provides them with that loving nurturing maternal guidance in life! Mom’s really are the best (especially mine!). I’ve come up with two very different but equally awesome ideas for sure-to-please Mother’s Day getaways, whether your mom is a pamper-me-pretty “princess” mom, or more of an adventurous “bad-a##” mom.
OPTION A: Every Princess (or Queen) Loves the SPA!
Let’s be honest, you really can’t go wrong with a weekend of pampering to show your mom she is loved and appreciated. Most moms (unless they’re a tomboy or a bad-a##, in which case, see option B) are elated at the opportunity to be pampered, primped and fawned over.
- Golden Door Spa located in the Waldorf Astoria Park City is a sensory experience not to be missed. 16,000 square feet of pure bliss, you will leave feeling renewed, at peace and cleansed. You’ll be able to design a personalized program to meet your mom’s needs using both European and Asian healing techniques. Mom will be pampered through treatments as well as through learning at Golden Door’s workshops and seminars. The spa itself is set in a stunning environment lush with natural energy from plants and greenery and surrounded by walls of flowing water. Don’t splurge on the pricey rooms at the Waldorf. The Best Western Landmark Inn in Park City is a lot easier on the pocketbook, leaving your more money to spoil mom with at the spa!
- For a very different but equally fabulous spa experience, great bet in Northern California is the Creekside Spa at the Inn At Schoolhouse Creek – located on the Mendocino Coast. The spa has stunning ocean views and is surrounded by a canopy of trees. Here your mom will be pampered with treatments inside a spacious yurt! The Creekside spa highlights completely natural and freshly prepared spa products. Treat yourself to a side-by-side massage with your mom after a Himalayan Salt Body Polish (how good does that sound?!). There signature One Thousand Flower Aromatherapy Facial is also a guaranteed pleaser.
OPTION B: Heavy Metal Mama
How cool is this. Ever heard of Rock ‘n Roll fantasy camp? If your mom has a little more “edge” to her, consider treating her to camp where she can rock out rockers from the likes of Van Halen and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Campers form their own bands, jam, and receive instruction from Rock Star “counselors. If she’s inclined she can even create and record her own original music. At the end of the camp, Rock N’ Roll Mama will hit the stage for the closing concert. Upcoming camp options are
Prices start at approximately $2,999 depending on your selected options and length of camp. Rock on!
Does Your Momma Have a Bucket List?
If so, here’s the perfect Mother’s Day getaway for her! If your mom is more about pushing herself and thrill-seeking rather than kicking back and being catered too hand and foot, check out the New England Inns & Resorts Association’s offers of “Bucket List” packages. To give you an idea, here are a few options:
- Zip-Lining in Vermont
- Rock Climbing in New Hampshire
- Be a Chef for a day (ok – not so much daredevil-esque but exciting nonetheless!)
- Hauling Lobster in Maine
- Ax-Throwing in New Hampshire
- Become a farm-girl.. think milk a cow, bottle-feed baby calves, collect eggs (come on, we’ve all dreamed of it!)
- Learn to Surf in Maine!
For the entire list of bucket list experiences, click here.
Happy Mother’s Day to all of the moms of the world!