July 28 2008 by Mark Deyer
Save some green this summer on travel! With a little planning and creativity you can have a great time without breaking the bank. Here are some common ways to save; next week we will feature some travel saving options you haven't considered before:
- When visiting new locations, look for free summer concerts, movies, art shows, festivals and more. Plus this gives you more of the local flavor of your destination while saving money.
- Be flexible with your travel plans - offbeat vacation spots and weekday travel generally offer better travel deals.
- Choose a hotel that offers free amenities and gives extra value added offers that makes your travel budget go further. Best Western provides free internet at every hotel in North America, plus features a free breakfast option at most locations. These simple amenities add up to significant savings over the course of any vacation.
- Stretch your travel budget by taking advantage of summer promotions including offers for free gas, discounted rates and other special offers.
- Take advantage of AAA and other membership programs. Best Western offers an exclusive program for AAA members that gives extra savings and bonus rewards. If you are already a member of AAA, you can join for free.
- Whether driving or flying, pack simple snacks for your trip - you will save money and probably eat healthier.
- Travel with reusable water bottles. Refill as you go. A family of four could easily spend $25 or more a day buying water.
What are some of your other great travel saving tips? Let us know.