March 2 2011 by Chris McGinnis
Fox News interviewed yours truly regarding the summer airfare situation from right here in my San Francisco office.
If you are planning of flying much this summer, tune in to the clip!
- The impact of Mideast turmoil on fuel prices, which are leading to several airfare increases.
- Whether or not now is the time to lock in summer fares.
- A look at some sample fares for July trips (ouch!)
- For July, transcontinental round trip flights are already running about $500, Europe is running about $1500.
- Using flexibility or the "shoulder season" to skirt high fares.
- With business class tickets frequently on sale during summer, the price gap between them and coach tickets is narrowing.