August 27 2008 by Claudia Kunkel
The Last Business Trip of the Summer? 5 Quick Tips
- Take the family along! Plan ahead and extend your business trip into a mini-vacation by an extra day or two. With airfare skyrocketing, at least your ticket will be paid for by the company - and possibly a night or two of the hotel charges.
- Depending on where you are headed or where you leave, August and September can still provide plenty of hot weather and that brings dehydration - pack your Energy! On your flight, skip the sodas and coffee and open up those packets of Emergen-C. Mix a packet of Emergen-C into your water bottle, shake and enjoy! You have instant vitamins, minerals and energy for that important business meeting.
- Pack smart. If you're staying over for a few days for some fun and need extra play clothes for some beach time, use packing cubes. Roll up and pack those clothes in a cube and vacuum out all the air - you'll be amazed at how much extra room you'll save.
- Even with summer winding down, it still means tourists and lots of "newbie's" at the airport which translates into long lines at security. Get to the airport early - many airports now have security lines for the "experienced" traveler and for the "novice" travelers. Don't get caught in the wrong line!
- Make your work attire double as vacation clothes. Pack along those khakis and convertible pants with short-sleeved shirts, polos and casual blouses. Put your favorite blue sport coat or blazer on and you're ready to impress!